Meet the Apprentices

Mason - Business Admin Apprentice



Hi, I'm Mason. I work in Integrated Adult Social Care as part of The Involvement and Equalities Team, my role is to provide support to those who use are services by organising board meetings, forums, focus groups and help organise/input the Adult Social Care/Carers survey’s to receive feedback on the services they use.

I have just completed my level 2 Customer Service Practitioner with distinction, I have now been successful in being employed as a Level 3 Business Admin Apprentice within my team.

My learning consists of meeting my tutor once a month where we go through my remining assessments that need to be completed, she then assigns me 4-5 pieces of work to do within that month and so forth.

I block out within my calendar one day a week or two half days dependent on workload and my professional work commitments. This is my allocated time each week where I have no distractions or disturbance from my team where I can completely focus on my apprentice work to make sure I don’t fall behind and I understand what needs to be done.

My confidence was sky rocketed since I have done my apprentice, I have been able to learn countless of transferable skills that I can use with my further career development. I have been working within my team for over a year and a half, but every day I am still learning new administrative skills and methods on how to produce different pieces of work.

I was and still am unsure what career I want to work in, this is why I wanted to work at Devon County Council (DCC) as I felt a large organisation like DCC that has various different departments would spark an interest in me or I would learn new work DCC teams do which I didn’t know existed.

I am still not 100% what area I want to work in however I have defiantly seen work teams that have caught my attention and will consider applying a role for within the team once I have completed my apprenticeship.


Mason

Business Admin Apprentice

Involvement Team 

 Twitter | Facebook Instagram Website  

Comments

Popular Posts