Meet the Apprentices

 Tori - Social Work Apprentice 


I began the Children and Families Social Work Apprenticeship in September 2023. Having previously worked in a SEN school, supporting children with safeguarding concerns, I looked for a carer progression where I could give more to these children. After researching different routes into this, the apprenticeship offered on the job experience with support from a team of fully qualified professionals.  

My experience so far has been nothing but positive. As an apprentice you do not have the stresses of case holding whilst studying but get a real insight into the role of a Social Worker. I manage my own diary which supports with managing my studies and work life. I have a supportive team which allows me to have many shadowing opportunities and to become familiar with processes, the online system used and how to approach different situations.

I have one protected study day each week which I was able to choose the day myself to best suit me. The Open University are a great support network, and the studying side of things is simple to follow. I feel that this was the perfect route for me for achieve my degree and without the apprenticeship route, I don’t feel I would have achieved this goal.

I aspire to be a fully qualified Social Worker by 2026 and then continue to complete my ASYE year with DCC to go on to be an Experienced Social Worker. I look forward to continuing to thrive at the job and make a different for all children and families in need.


Tori

Social Work Apprentice 

 Twitter | Facebook Website Instagram



Comments

Popular Posts