STEM Day


Today is STEM Day! Two of our Finance apprentices tell us about their experience of working within a STEM service at the Council. 


Zak - Business Administration Apprentice

My name is Zak and I joined Devon County Council at the end of August 2022 joining the Revenue and Payments department but more specifically the payments team as a business administration Apprentice. I am completing a Level 3 AAT accounting Apprenticeship with Accountancy Learning.

My journey into the council started through Devon jobs where I was looking for an apprenticeship where I could study AAT. Throughout school, I always felt I wanted a career in Finance. An Apprenticeship was always the route I wanted to take as I feel gaining experience in the working world is becoming more important.


This apprenticeship will help me improve my interpersonal and communication skills. The way these skills will be improved is by working with my colleagues and dealing with clients daily. I will Hopefully come out of the apprenticeship with an AAT lv3 certificate as well.


Zak

Business Administration Apprentice

Finance - Exchequer Team

 Twitter | Facebook Instagram Website 

Tom - Finance Assistant

I joined Devon County Council in October 2021 as an apprentice and have now secured a permanent position within the Payments Team at County Hall.

Throughout my initial 12 months at DCC I have spent my time in three different teams which has been very helpful in allowing me to understand and adapt to a good variety of different working structures and environments. The first team I joined was in Revenue and the first few weeks of my work were spent learning the different systems that were used and getting to grips with all of the finance jargon that would come up in my day-to-day.

My Business Administration Level 3 Apprenticeship has allowed me to build further context around the professional environment I work in. I t has also helped me understand what the work I do builds to on a larger scale.

Tom

Finance Assistant

Finance - Exchequer Team

 Twitter | Facebook Instagram Website 

Comments

Popular Posts