Next Step Apprenticeships

Nyuket - Level 7 Accountancy Taxation 

I joined Devon County Council in 2015 as a Finance administrator in Children in Care finance team.

We process payments to foster carers, external companies and other parties  through different systems and in various ways, depending on the need and urgency. Our duties also involve resolving any payments related queries.

I have always enjoyed learning and years ago, before starting working for the council, I began studying Management accountancy (CIMA) but for various reasons and family commitments, I paused it, just after the Operational level, right in the middle of the qualification. Last year, I discovered that an Apprenticeship was available for CIMA and I decided to apply. It was great news to hear that my application was approved and that I would be able to finish the qualification. This is how my journey started as an apprentice -in September of 2021.

Having studied on my own previously, I could immediately tell the difference studying through the apprenticeship scheme. It is well structured and the learning content is delivered by tutors who are easy to reach and are very supportive. My classes are online and once a particular subject is completed, I can book an exam in a test centre or it can even be done at home (under very strict rules and invigilation of course).

But the program is much more than this- it expands to include learning different skills and behaviours(Communication, Problem solving, Business insights etc.) which are critical for future success and development.

It requires determination, time and perseverance to combine it with full time work and a day release for study is a great help.

The Apprenticeship helps me to expand my knowledge professionally and personally and also build up confidence in any areas of work. I would highly recommend the program, it is a great opportunity to start or further your career, with no age limit.

I feel very lucky to work in such a fantastic team and an organisation where I am supported at every step of the way.


Nyuket

Finance Administrator

Finance - Children's Social Care

Comments

Popular Posts