Meet the Apprentices

 Pandora - Level 4 Internal Audit Practitioner 


I am an Internal Auditor for Devon Audit Partnership, and I am 18 months into my level 4 Internal Audit Practitioner apprenticeship.

I joined DCC as a level 3 Business Administration apprentice in September 2018; I gained experience in a number of different Finance functions including Internal Audit. Upon completion of my Business Admin course, I joined Devon Audit Partnership as a Level 4 Internal Audit apprentice and was promoted to my full time role of Internal Auditor a couple of months later.

The Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) defines the role of Internal Audit as providing independent assurance that an organisation's risk management, governance and internal control processes are operating effectively. My work is very client focussed and I get the opportunity to work with a range of different professionals and levels of management within DCC and other external organisations that purchase our Internal Audit services.

Internal Audit is a brilliant career path for individuals with a questioning mind who enjoy the challenge of becoming a ‘subject matter expert’ on many different business functions and providing advice and assurance on these topics. I feel my experience to date is helping me to develop a broad and diverse skill set that will help me achieve both my career and personal goals.

My apprenticeship consists of a number of IIA workshops and an intensive 8 week course that will award me the IIA designation of Internal Audit Practitioner. A huge benefit of this apprenticeship is you also receive a tailored training course with 1-1 learning sessions with an assigned tutor. My manager, my tutor and I work closely together to monitor my progress with my apprenticeship and identify any training needs or development opportunities.


Pandora 

Auditor Level 1

Devon Audit Partnership 

 Twitter | Facebook Instagram Website 

Comments

Popular Posts