Apprentice to Professional

 Rachael - Social Care Assessor

I joined Devon County Council in 2006 on their first Apprenticeship programme when I was 18 years old!

I worked in the Customer Service Centre and secured a full time permanent job within 3 months. I was successful in securing a role in the Care Direct team within the Customer Service Centre not long after this. Whilst an Apprentice we were able to do lots of amazing things. We completed a volunteering day at a school where we painted a jungle mural on the walls in the children’s changing rooms, we made a presentation in front of the Councillors in the Council Chamber and we were able to meet with other Apprentices regularly where we worked towards an NVQ level 2 and 3 in Customer Service.

I successfully gained a role in the Assessment and Review Team at Care Direct Plus East 10 years ago and I am now working in the Occupational Therapy team at Care Direct Plus. I gained a Level 3 Diploma in Health and Social Care whilst working here.

In September last year I applied for the new Occupational Therapy Apprenticeship that is taught by the University of the West of England and gained a place along with 2 others in Devon County Council. This involves mostly online and some face to face teaching twice a week along with 3 placements over the 4 years of the apprenticeship. Once complete I will have a degree in Occupational Therapy and will be able to register as an Occupational Therapist!

Devon County Council offer amazing career development opportunities and this is why I am still here after 15 years!


Rachael 

Social Care Assessor 

CPD Eastern - Occupational Therapy 

Twitter | Facebook Website Instagram



Comments

Popular Posts