MEET THE TEAM

 Hayden Boatman - Apprenticeship's Administrator


I joined Devon County Council in September 2019 as an Office Support Apprentice within the HR Strategy & Performance team. However, I was recently succesful in attaining a new role as the Apprenticeship's Administrator within the Apprenticeship Team. Although I have moved into a new role, I am fortunate enough to still be able to carry on my second-year apprenticeship which means I can (hopefully) complete my Level 3 Business Administration qualification.  

Within my new role, I am providing administrative support to Tracey, Apprenticeships & Employability Advisor and Amy, Assistant Apprenticeship Advisor. Although I am still adjusting to the role, having worked within the same wider team and having existing working relationships with the pair of them has made my transition across smoother. This has been  especially important whilst we are all working from home due to COVID-19. 

Already, my new role has given me a different perspective into the journey of an apprentice, as well as an insight into the fantastic opportunities available for existing staff to further their careers too. The work that I will be supporting includes social media and events, recruitment processes, our peer network of apprentices, clerical administrative processes and promoting apprenticeships. 

Although only being part of Devon County Council for just 14 months, I definitely feel the opportunities, experience and support I have received have been huge for my future, confidence and CV. Whilst I was at the stage of needing to move on from college and knowing I wasn't set on going to University, I wanted to go into a job where there was career progression but also where I could earn money whilst gaining a qualification. I feel joining Devon County Council has been one of the best decisions I have ever made and I have no idea what I would be doing if I hadn't joined. Personally, I feel doing an apprenticeship has given me experience which is invaluable. 

Now I have moved into the new role, I am looking forward to learning new skills and knowledge. 

Hayden Boatman

Apprenticeship's Administrator




Twitter | Facebook | Website | Instagram



 


Comments

Popular Posts