Meet the Team

Steve Lawton - Employability & Partnership Co-Ordinator 


Hello, my name is Steve and I have just joined the Step Forward team as an employability and partnership Coordinator alongside Alicia Heard 

I have spent the last 10 years working in supported accommodation and working alongside young people to fulfil their potential and meet their needs. I am always excited to see people develop and move forward and I am a strong believer that everyone has things they are good at and something to offer.

I was really keen to get involved in the Step Forward program when I heard about the opportunity, as education, training and employment is such a key part of the everyone’s journey but often difficult to access without some tailored support that’s right for you. As a young person I had no idea what I wanted to do with my life, but I was fortunate to have been able to try a few things out and find an area I was interested in. It’s not always that simple and everyone’s journey is different which is why this is such a positive program to offer. I love working alongside people as they grow in the things that make them thrive and I can see that there are lots of opportunities to do that within the Step Forward model. I feel very privileged to be able to do this work and walk alongside people on their journey 

Step Forward is run by Devon County Council and is open to care experienced young people (16-25) to offer a tailored program to individuals to improve their employment education or training opportunities. We are here to help every step of the way from building up some confidence to ongoing support when you first start a job or a course. 

If you feel like you or anyone you are working with could benefit from Stepping Forward, feel free to email, Text or call and we would be happy to see what we can do to help.


Steve Lawton

Employability & Partnership Co-Ordinator


Comments

Popular Posts