Meet the Team

Amy Kyme - Apprenticeships Administrator 


I joined Devon County Council in 2016 as a Business and Administration Apprentice and successful gained a permanent role in Human Resources (HR) working as part of the Apprenticeship Team as an Apprenticeships Administrator. In September 2019 I started a HR Support Apprenticeship with Exeter College and I complete this alongside my role as part of our Next Step Apprenticeship Scheme. 

In my role I provide administrative support to the Apprenticeship Advisors, Tracey and Gemma but I also work closely with the Employability Co-Ordinator Alicia. My role allows me to get involved in a wide range of things such as recruitment and selection, training and development, event management and social media management. I've had the opportunity to sit on interview panels, inform applicants of the outcome of their interview, deliver training to apprentices, assist in the organisation of multiple large events and manage & maintain our social media platforms all of which has given the skills and knowledge I need to complete my HR Support apprenticeship.  

Working within the team means I'm passion about all things Apprenticeships related! Which is why I joined the Young Apprentice Ambassador Network in 2018 and as of 2019 I became Vice Chair for the South West covering Devon and Somerset. My role as an Apprentice Ambassador includes attending school events, careers fairs and other external activities to champion and promote Apprenticeships with young people, teachers, parents and employers. I do this by sharing my experience of being an Apprentice, supporting young people considering an apprenticeship and acting as a voice for young people. 

While I've only been in the Apprenticeship Team for just over 2 years, I am proud of the how much the apprenticeship programme at Devon County Council has developed and that I've been able to be a part of it. It's amazing to be working with a team who are all so passionate about apprenticeships and employability. 

I look forward to continuing my HR Support apprenticeship and seeing where it will take me in my future career.  

Amy Kyme
Apprenticeships Administrator 


Comments

Popular Posts