Meet the Apprentices

Ellie – Adopt South West Apprentice


Hi! My name is Ellie, I am a care leaver who has recently secured an apprenticeship within Adopt South West at Devon County Council, completing level 2 and 3 business administration qualifications.

Devon County Council opened the opportunity for me to take the next step towards my career by making it available for care leavers to join the organisation by prioritising care leavers for employment, giving us the ability to make a positive difference in our lives.

The Step Forward programme opened my eyes to the wide variety of employment sectors and gave me the chance to explore within my profession, which has encouraged me to set new goals and aspirations for myself.  Right from the get-go, I started learning and developing as a professional, gaining transferable skills that I can use in the future.

I am so grateful that the Step Forward programme is available for care leavers, enabling me to dream big, and realise that the world is your oyster!


Ellie 
Adopt South West Apprentice

Comments

Popular Posts