Apprenticeships Live with Devon County Council

Apprenticeships LIVE with Devon County Council

Apprenticeships LIVE is a live streamed event that broadcasts to thousands across the country wanting to find out more about apprenticeships and the exciting developments happening within different companies and sectors.


On Monday 29th April at 10am Devon County Council's Gemma Vine, Matthew Roke and Molly Grenfell joined the live broadcast to share their stories and provide advice on the application process. You can watched the broadcast for free here.

The Panel 

Gemma Vine - Apprenticeships Adviser 



"In 2017 Gemma got a role directly supporting and developing Devon County Council’s apprenticeship programme as an Apprenticeship Adviser. She undertakes this role alongside an operational HR role supporting Schools across the County.
Starting her career as an apprentice herself, Gemma is very passionate about what can be achieved via an apprenticeship and wants young people to be informed about the opportunities apprenticeships can offer."
Matt Roke - Accountant in Children’s Social Care

"I joined Devon County Council as a Finance apprentice in October 2010, at a time where I was unsure what career path I wanted to follow? The apprenticeship scheme allowed me gain valuable experience in several finance teams giving me a real-life experience on what a career in Finance for me would be like.
Since completing my Apprenticeship and Business Administration qualifications, Devon County Council have supported me in completing my AAT Accounting qualifications, as well as the Chartered Professional Accountancy degree in Public Finance (CIPFA) which I am currently studying."
Molly Grenfell - Office Support Apprentice in Customer Relations

"Having only worked at Devon County Council for 4-5 months, I’ve been completely blown away by the amount of opportunities that’s been available to me. Not only has it broadened my knowledge of Business in general (for my qualification), but also my understanding of the local government and politics."

Below is the figures from the Team's broadcast. 

Number of schools watching = 46
Number of students = 2,760

Top 5 locations:-
Manchester
London
Exeter
Bristol
Craighall



Apprenticeship Team


Comments

Popular Posts