Apprentice to Professional

Olivia Mitchell - Recruitment Coordinator 




I started with Devon County Council as an Apprentice Personal Assistant in Business Strategy and Support in July 2016. This gave me an insight to the Council and I was given the opportunity to explore different departments, gain new skills and build confidence whilst completing a Level 4 Business Administration qualification. I found that everyone was extremely helpful at Devon County Council and willing to answer any queries and questions raised while I was an Apprentice.



When my Apprenticeship was coming to an end, I wanted to secure a permanent position within Devon County Council. As part of my Apprenticeship I attended an interview skills training session run by the Apprenticeship Team which helped me with writing my application form and prepared me for the interview process. Following this, I was offered a permanent position within HR in the Recruitment Team as a Recruitment Coordinator. I started my new role in February 2018 and I am enjoying learning new skills and working as part of a friendly team. I have been able to transfer my skills and knowledge from my Apprenticeship to my current role which has enabled me to be more effective.



I would recommend anyone to become a Devon County Council Apprentice as everyone is welcoming & friendly and there are a variety of departments which give you different experiences to enhance your development which should help secure permanent employment.


Olivia Mitchell
Recruitment Coordinator 

Comments

Popular Posts