Meet the Team




Alicia Herd - Employability Programme Co-Ordinator 

Hi, I’m Alicia. I joined the apprenticeship team as the programme co-ordinator for Step Forward in June of this year, but I have worked for Devon County Council in various roles for almost five years. I’ve spent the majority of my time with DCC within Adult or Children’s Services. I enjoy doing a job knowing that whatever I am doing, no matter how big or small, it is making a difference and I am doing my bit to work towards improving somebody’s quality of life. So, when the opportunity came up to work more directly with care-experienced young people, I knew it was something I would enjoy because I would be helping people who deserve to be listened to and supported. My aim for this role is to be approachable, supportive and give the best advice and guidance around work and employability skills that I possibly can. I’ve already learnt so much in such a short space of time and I’m continuing to learn new things every day. 


We already have 16 people signed up to the programme and we have come up with an individualised plan for every one of them. We are working on the next steps and I’m always making sure I’m keeping in touch with the young people to ensure they know we are working on things behind the scenes! 


We held our first World of Work workshop last week and our second one this week. It’s been great to give everyone on the programme a little bit more information on what to expect from the world of work, as well as talking about working on confidence not only inside but outside of the workplace too, as we all know how important but also how tricky this can be.

I’m really looking forward to continuing to work with some incredible young people over the coming months. If you are a care-leaver aged 16 - 25, and you’d like to be involved in our employability programme, please get in touch for a chat and we’ll support you the best we can. I look forward to hearing from you!

Text: 07970680770

Call: 01392 383522

Alicia Herd
Employability Programme Co-Ordinator 

Comments

Popular Posts