PPMA Apprentice of the Year 2018


The PPMA Apprentice of the Year competition is all about showcasing emerging talent and their innovative ideas for the future of public services.


This year I was shortlisted to the final of PPMA's Apprentice of the Year and headed to Leeds University for two days of coaching and competition on 27/ 28 March 2018 along with 9 of apprentices from across the UK.

Prior to this I completed an online application where I answered the following questions:

1. Tell us about something you’ve done in your life which has made a real difference to the better of others?

2. Why have you chosen to work in the public sector?

3. What was the last thing you learned? How has this helped you in your work?

4. What do you hope to achieve in life? What do you want your legacy to be

I obviously said something right to be shortlisted out of the many applications received across the country. This meant a very long 4 and a half train journey to Leeds but I was full of excitement. 

The competition consisted of real life challenges that tested and helped to enhance our skills and abilities. The competition pushed us outside our comfort zones at times but along the way I made some great friends and gained some good tips to develop my presentation skills further. 


Following this experience I will continue to be an Ambassador for Apprenticeships and help promote Apprenticeship opportunities to young people while working at Devon County Council. 

Amy Kyme
Apprenticeships Administrator 

Comments

Popular Posts